Take the next step in your career journey with us! We're all about creating a workplace that's both dynamic and welcoming. We invite you to check out our current job openings below and discover how your skills and passion can align with our vision. Your exciting career path begins here!
Patient Navigator - Gynecology Focused
The Bilingual Patient Navigator is responsible for assisting Equal Hope clients to primary care, mammograms, cervical screenings, diagnostic exams and treatment, if needed . This role will utilize Equal Hope’s established patient navigation model to navigate individuals to quality care. Exemplifies the Equal Hope's mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Equal Hope policies and procedures.
- Daily monitoring of a caseload between 120 – 150 navigation patients and referrals.
- Provide outreach for patients due for follow up and new patient appointments according to policy and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver routine correspondence/medical records to referring agencies and primary care providers in accordance with policy.
- Monitor compliance with scheduled appointments for procedures, tests and consults.
- Document all correspondence in Equal Hope database and electronic medical records as necessary.
- Work to improve identified outcomes (i.e. high utilizer patients) by using quality measures.
- Work with community health team to identify extrinsic barriers to adherence (i.e. transportation, financial concerns or pharmacy) and work with patient and team to alleviate barriers.
- Liaison to multiple hospitals, agencies and provider offices.
- Participate in meetings as assigned.
Bilingual fluency in reading, writing and speaking Spanish essential
Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to multi-task in a large centralized scheduling center.
One year experience of EMR.
Ability to function independently, to organize, and be self-motivated.
Cultural competency expressed via experience and interest in working with (racially/ethnically, economically and educationally) diverse populations, along with ability to work in low resource environments.
Experience working in diverse communities.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
1 year of experience in patient navigation and case management.
To apply please send your cover letter, resume, and list of three references (names, position, relationship, and e-mail address) in a single PDF to Jiana Calixto at email@example.com with the subject line "Patient Navigator Application". Please include your name and pronouns on all documents. Please speak to how your experience and qualifications match what we are looking for in this role in your cover letter. Please note: we will not contact your references without notifying you first.