The Equal Hope cervical screening and follow up program navigates women to health centers in the Chicagoland area.
Cervical cancer screening is a part of a woman’s health checkup and there are two types of tests: the Pap test and the HPV (human papillomavirus) test. The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for pre-cancers, cell changes on the cervix. The HPV test looks for the virus that can cause these cell changes. The Equal Hope cervical screening program helps women overcome barriers related to access to cervical cancer screenings. We advocate for cervical health in all women by promoting prevention through education about early vaccination, Pap testing and HPV testing when recommended.
Program services included:
- Navigation to cervical cancer screenings.
- Navigation to diagnostic follow up after a cevical cancer screen
- Navigation to cervical cancer treatment when necessary
- Healthcare and insurance navigation.
- Screening appointment reminders.
- Free materials that educate about HPV and cervical health, including cervical cancer.
- Tools for prevention, detection and screening awareness.
- Extensive outreach during Cervical Health Awareness Month in January.
- Assistance with diagnostic follow up and cervical cancer treatment
The Navigators will help schedule appointments, remind you about your appointment and follow up with you if you need further care. The navigators can answer questions and help overcome any barriers or fears you may have.
Call us at 312-942-3368 or sign up here today.